Tuesday, December 15, 2009

haunted by a black leather couch

"Sunken" by remember moments

I've got a bit of news - in the new year I will be packing up my apartment and moving in with my sweet and wonderful boyfriend.

What is exciting about this is that he has a great house, some fun art, and is open to redecorating his place (oh, and I enjoy his company - I guess that's a good thing he's got going on too...)
What is not so exciting, you ask? His black leather couch.

Yes, it belonged to his grandfather, is in great shape, and does not necessarily scream 90s bachelor pad, but it still feels like it'll be a challenge to "warm up" and decorate around (with my fondness for the color orange - the living room could easily start to creep into... well... creepiness).

Apartment Therapy has a piece on how to "Decorate Around a Dark Leather Sofa" which gives me hope as do these images where people have actually made the black leather work. All I have to do now is hire one of them... le sigh.

via houzz




via decor8

3 comments:

  1. Among various classes, a leather sofa is really what everyone want. This is because it looks grand while being simple. Many find a black leather sofa as the best option. Aside from the fact that leather furniture is a stylish, elegant and cool option, black is a color which goes well with anything.

    Good to know......

    Leather Sofa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. I'm in a similar situation right now. What is it with guys and black leather couches anyway?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails