Friday, April 9, 2010

documentaries in April

film stills from the documentary "Book of Miri"

One of the great things about living in the heart of North Carolina is the "Full Frame Documentary Film Festival," which is held annually every April in Durham, NC. Almost every time I go I end up not only discovering some great documentaries, but often one of my favorite movies of the year (last year it was "The Beaches of Agnès" and the year before that it was "Man on Wire" - which is actually of my favorite movies of all time and if you haven't seen it yet - you HAVE to see it immediately - like today). This year, I'm bummed I'm going to miss the festival because I've got a wedding to attend in Virginia, but if you're in the area - you should totally check it out: http://www.fullframefest.org/.

Oh, and P.S.: Congratulations to Valerie of cabin + cub! Random.org has selected you, lucky #7, as the winner of "The Portable Dorothy Parker." Hope you'll enjoy it, but thanks to all of you who participated in our little giveaway! Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails