Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"My hope is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here." - Jim Henson

The Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service worked with The Jim Henson Legacy to create Jim Henson's Fantastic World, an exploration of the incredible art of the man who created Muppets. The exhibit traces the timeline of Jim Henson's career, but more importantly, it gives audiences a taste of Henson's creative process and the imagination that brought whole worlds to life.

I grew up loving The Muppet Show and Sesame Street, the idea that there is an entire exhibition celebrating the man responsible for Ernie and Fozzie (in addition to countless others) makes me so happy. The tour schedule for Jim Henson's Fantastic World still has some dates left, so if you want a multimedia taste of the art of this impressive visionary....mark your calendar!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved both those shows! My fave character was Snufalupagous. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails