Friday, October 14, 2011

"Never Let Me Go"


When I read Kazuo Ishiguro's novel "Never Let Me Go" I remember I liked it, but not enough to add it to my library or even recommend it to someone else that passionately. Once I got the twist - I was over it.

On the other hand, the movie version of the book is so captivating. Knowing the plot I figured I wouldn't enjoy the film as much, but I found it so much more moving and lyrical in its melancholy and brokenhearted-ness than the actual text that I actually want to watch it again. That fact surprised me since I tend to fall into the literature purist category where the original literary story HAS to be better than the film adaptation. This movie turned that theory on its head - it's lovely to look at and the story is beautifully told - whether you've read the book or not. (Oh, and here are some film stills to entice you to rent it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails