Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a different gift

As my kids unwrapped numerous toys from well-meaning family and friends this past holiday and as I found myself purchasing toys for our large extended family, I got to thinking about different sorts of gifts. I always love giving and getting picture books and art supplies for kids -that will always be true, but I need something for the coming year's birthdays and far off holiday season that is different.
I think I found it.
I am going to go with the World Wildlife Fund's species adoption options. There are many choices and price ranges. My nieces and nephews vary in age, but I think all of them would appreciate this gift. There are over a hundred symbolic adoption choices, so there is sure to be an animal for every personality!
And really, how cool is it to say you adopted a Koala?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails