Tuesday, March 20, 2012

deviled eggs

Check SpellingSo, I have come to the conclusion that this is a subject people feel passionately about (strangely), either they think deviled eggs are delicious or they really, really dislike them. If you fall into the latter category, read no further....if not, I am so excited because from Easter to Labor Day is deviled egg season!
I am a big fan of them. I love that they have their own piece of super specific serving ware. I even got the cookbook Deviled Eggs:50 Recipes from Simple to Sassy from my sister.

My favorite recipe is the most simple one I think. It is perfect for picnics or brunch and I never get tired of it!

From pinchmysalt.com


6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
pinch of salt (optional)
fresh ground black pepper (optional)
smoked paprika (optional)

Cut eggs in half. Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate and put the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Mash and stir all ingredients together well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each egg white half, dividing mixture as evenly as possible between the eggs. Sprinkle eggs with smoked paprika if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 12 deviled eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails