Wednesday, March 7, 2012

shamrock shake

Although I have seen it advertised for years, I have never tried a McDonald's Shamrock Shake- their vanilla mint seasonal concoction. I am fairly sure it is as high in calories as it is delicious....so maybe a homemade version could be ever so slightly better for you :).
I figured I would make some of these silly, festive green shakes for my kids and found a recipe on cafemom (courtesy of Epicurious).

Shamrock Shake

  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
  • 8 drops green food coloring (optional)

Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into two cups.

**For the non-dairy folks...never fear-just substitute in soy ice cream and vanilla soy milk!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails