Friday, March 30, 2012

that painting from "Modern Family"


The show "Modern Family" makes me laugh- I know I am not alone there. But, have you ever stopped giggling long enough to check out the three family homes? They are each so lovely (of course not 100% realistic given that nobody ever has anything out of place and they are super duper accessorized, but I digress....) and during the recent string of reruns, I have taken to checking out the family's surroundings.


One thing I was really curious about was this painting below from the foyer of Jay and Gloria's house....
It caught my eye every time it was on the screen. Thanks to the site Chasing Props, a very cool spot that lists where you can find certain decorative items from some of your favorite television shows, I found out the artist Nathan Rohlander is responsible for the work called "Junk Food", 2002.
Sometimes it seems like the Internet can answer even the most random question, doesn't it?

13 comments:

  1. Wow thanka so much for that nice comment Lorelei! This is Katie from ChasingProps, and Im really glad that you like my site. Stay tuned if you like too, cause I have a forum being set up as we speak, and I think some of the artists like Nathan Rohlander will be posting there too. It would be cool if we could convince him to make a poster of this cool art huh!
    Anyway, thanks for the mention :)
    Cheers
    Katie (ChasingProps.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorelei,

    I was so excited when one of my paintings was front and center in the bathroom of the Dunphy home last week 5/15/13. Gloria was snooping in the bathroom and Manny caught her. I signed a contract with them for 2 images 3 years for ago. This is the first time I saw either. The name of the piece is: "Let's Reflect". It is a watercolor painting of a Black Neck Stilt shore bird standing in turquoise blue water and it's reflection.

    Nancy LaBerge Muren
    www.etsy.com/shop/WatercolorByMuren
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72376013/shore-bird-watercolor-painting-print?ref=shop_home_active

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to buy this picture. Are there copies available???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Painting in Jay and Gloria's Master bedroom - the flowering tree - large painting. Does anyone know who the painter is??
    Thanks - Sage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! I from Brazil and I wanted to know who painted the red and black picture from cam and mitchels house. You know? Tks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been digging around the internet looking for that very answer @Tiella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my insta id is al_.che_mist
      you can give me a reference of any painting and i can make it for u.
      DM me

      Delete
  7. The blue painting in Mitch and Cams hallway outside Lilys room. Blue with a bird. I gotta know! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. I would really like to know who painted the oranges. They are in almost every episode. Thanks for any help

    ReplyDelete
  9. In one episode I noticed the painting had sneakers on the feet instead of flip flops �� then gone totally. I like the thought that goes into these things, you can tell there is an ongoing off screen arguement between jay and Gloria about the painting ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trying to find out what the art is in Mitch and Cams room. Rectangular, tile style, abstract. It's killing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. my insta id is al_.che_mist
    you can give me a reference of any painting and i can make it for u.
    DM me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anyone still interested in this? I have the painting that was used on set. It was sold at auction from the set

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails